Tuesday, August 9, 2011

{tasty tuesday: roasted salsa}

If you know me I have made and eaten A LOT of salsa. This is indeed the BEST salsa I have ever made, EVER, and it's so easy!

Note: This recipe makes a lot so I cut the recipe in half for the 2 of us.



What you'll need:
  • 16 full-size tomatoes {I used 8 roma tomatoes}
  • 2-3 yellow onions {I used 1 1/2}
  • 20-25 serrano peppers, remove caps {I used 12 and left 3 with seeds in. Leave in more if you like it HOT}
  • 8-10 cloves of garlic {I used 5-6 cloves)
  • 1-2 Tbsp of salt {I used 1 Tbsp}
  • 1-2 bunches of cilantro {I used one big handful of one bunch}
Directions: 
  1. Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees
  2. Halve the tomatoes and onions and lay cut side up on a cookie sheet along with the peppers and garlic
  3. Roast until the onions are nice and translucent, tomatoes are soft and peppers have a nice char on them, about 20-25 minutes
  4. Let it all cool a bit {I waited about 20 minutes - which was hard to do}
  5. Run through the food processor with salt and cilantro {I had to do this in two batches}
  6. Stir it all together and enjoy!
recipe and photo courtesy of oneparticularkitchen.com 

mike + sam

No comments: