Sunday, August 7, 2011

{DIY: Nightstand}

I am finally catching up with the blog...again. I have lots of new DIY projects, restaurants, and recipes to share with you soon!

So, I have been searching and searching for inspiration for our guest bedroom and finally found it  - yellow, white, red and teal!
Jaipur collection by Echo at Bed, Bath & Beyond

The one piece I already had was my nightstand that was part of my childhood furniture. So off to Lowe's I went in search of spray paint! Enjoy the before and after pictures and a big thanks to my amazing husband!

Before

MJ hard at work

All painted

All dry

After
What we did: 
  1. Remove all hardware
  2. Sand it down with high grit sand paper to remove any paint {MJ got to buy an orbital sander}
  3. Sand it again with a finer grit sand paper
  4. Tape off and hit with spray paint {we did 2 coats of high gloss Exotic Sea Glass by Valspar}
  5. Let dry overnight and add the hardware back on
I hope this inspires you to re-vamp a piece in your house!

mike + sam


No comments: