4 PointsPlus Value (Weight Watchers)
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
An easy weeknight dinner. Great with a side of angel hair pasta, brown rice, or couscous!
· 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
· ½ tsp salt, divided
· ¼ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
· 12 oz uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
· 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
· 1 ½ cups fat-free, reduced sodium chicken broth, divided
· 2 tsp minced garlic
· 2 ½ cups uncooked broccoli, small florets
· 2 tsp lemon zest, or more to taste
· 2 Tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped
· 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
What To Do:
1. On a plate, combine 1 ½ Tbsp flour, ¼ tsp of salt and pepper, add chicken and turn to coat.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned through, about 5 minutes; remove to a plate.
3. Put 1 cup of broth and garlic in same skillet; bring to boil over high heat, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Add broccoli; cover and cook 1 minute.
4. In a small cup, stir together remaining ½ cup of broth, ½ Tbsp of flour and ¼ tsp of salt; add to skillet and ring to a simmer over low heat.
5. Cover and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender and sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 ½ minutes. Stir in chicken and lemon zest; heat through.
6. Remove skillet from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice; toss to coat. Yields about 1 cup per serving.