What you'll need:
- 1 pound uncooked 93% lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-fat shredded Cheddar Cheese, sharp-variety
- 1/2 small uncooked red onion, cut into 4 thin slices
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 4 reduced calorie hamburger rolls (We used Mrs. Baird's Grillin' Thins)
- 1 small fresh tomato, cut into 8 thin slices
- Preheat grill to medium-hot heat
- In a medium bowl, gently combine beef, garlic, salt and pepper; form into four 1/2 inch thick patties. Place on grill and cook 4 to 5 minutes on one side; flip and continue cooking until desired degree of doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes more. Sprinkle each burger with 1 Tbsp cheese; cook until cheese melts, about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile brush both sides of onion with oil. Grill until bottom is lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip onion and sprinkle with oregano, grill for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Lightly toast open-faced buns on grill. Place burgers on buns and top each with onion and tomato slices.